Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Door stop

Hi ,

When one installs the Door Stop mechanism do I need to remove the door card/ panel ?

Thanks in advance ,

Tdh888
Old 04-04-2018, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Yes, but it's easy to do.
You have to have access to the interior of the door to remove the old stop and install the new one.
I don't recall the exact sequence but it's mostly taking screws out (do a search on door panel removal).
Be sure to inspect the mounting through holes for cracking. If cracks are present (usually the driver's door cracks first), get the cracks welded and ground and install the reinforcement plate our host sells.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 04-05-2018, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks 911nut
Old 04-05-2018, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/pel_search_2016.cgi?command=DWsearch&description=PEL-PP911167

I wouldn't remove my door stop without first purchasing and installing this product. Luckily I found this product before my door was destroyed from the inside-out. It a necessity on our Driver Door, but a great option for the passenger door... It's a great product and easy to install...
Old 04-06-2018, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip
Old 04-06-2018, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Topocalma

I recently installed a new door stay from our host (“OEM Version”) including the reinforcement plates suggested above. Opening the door now is quite unpleasant given the “rigidity” of the new stay. Would I not know that it is ok I would worry I am breaking sth every time I open the door. Anyone experience this? Should this go away once the door has been opened more often or might I have installed sth wrong?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: