Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
From DC to Charleston, SC

In the process of moving to Charleston, SC June 12th. Drove the 930 from DC to Raleigh, NC and then from Raleigh to Charleston all in same day. First time I have had a chance to drive the car ~10 hours (600 miles) in a single day, in two ~5 hr segments.

930 ran flawlessly and engine was so-o-o-o smooth. Loved every minute of it. Had the laptop running for periods of time to allow the VE table to auto tune based on real time EFI/ECU feedback. Rt 95 traffic south of Richmond was pretty light and most of drive was around 70MPH - 80MPH just keeping pace with the flow.

Have not done the exact math but appears was 20MPG+ for the trip, too --- using those lean AFR settings on the low load portions of my AFR map!

Had to share - was so much fun to get out and drive the 930.

So, now ... are there any other 930 / 911 members in the Charleston area I can connect with?

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
stock 3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, B&B intercooler, Tial wastegate, Electromotive tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter
Old 06-02-2018, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
nice photo and great to be driving it for a long period, the car probably enjoyed it (as much as a car can enjoy things...)
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)
Old 06-02-2018, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You'll be able to clean up the front end of your 930 now because SC abandoned the front license plate years ago. In the mid nineties I lived on post at Fort Meade for two years and drove my 944 without putting the MD front plate on for at least a year until an MP pulled me over by the NSA building and ticketed me for it. He said he had been watching me for a while before the ticket. I told him the plate was in the back seat and I'd be glad to put it on but he ticketed me anyway. Welcome to SC. I live near Greenville but occasionally go to Charleston so maybe we can get together sometime. That's a great looking 930 in silver.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
berponte

Garage
No garage queen there?!!!Awesome!!!
Old 06-05-2018, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: