Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

3.2 stock barn door vs. hot wire

Anyone have any dyno figures for a stock (except for headers/exhaust) 3.2 vs. one converted, with chip programming, to a hot wire air flow measuring system?

Old 07-31-2020, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

HI Walt,

I looked at this pretty extensively for my 964. While not a 3.2 I think most of the same will apply to the 3.2. It is difficult to test the differences of just a change from AFM to MAF as most conversions require a chip change as well (unless its a piggy back system). Many also provide new injectors that can also make the gains before and after look better. In general it looks like most of the gains come from better chip tuning. The link below is has some good dyno info in post #3 on a 3.6 964 engine. This is a engine that is using a MOTEC ecu that does not use the AFM. The dyno looked at several components in the intake to see what might be restrictive. They made the about the same HP with he AFM in place as with a bypass.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/758620-dyno-runs-stock-airbox-lid-versus-fabspeed-cup-airbox-lid.html

John

Old 08-01-2020, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: