Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fan Air Deflector

Can anyoneCan anyone help me with the orientation of the air deflector (see picture)? I seem to remember the fins being up, but I want to make sure before I tighten it down.

Thanks,

Charley

1974 911
Old 07-11-2004, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to kstylianos
Nope. The fins should be pointing to the right (from this pic angle). Rotate that deflector 90 degrees clockwise and you'll be set.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, I can keep going today!

On a related question, is there a source to double-check the wiring and hose connections? Iíve got pictures and I labeled the wires, but after nine months some of the markings are unreadable. Itís taken me a while to get this far (with a lot of help from my machine shop). Iíd like to be sure of my connections before I put the engine back in the car.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Charlies,
Yes, I agree. Move it clockwise as viewed.

Nice 2.7 rehab! Is it stock?

I would put some gray (or white like the muffler) VHT high temp paint on those nice OE, like new, heat exchangers.

Yes, the "Porsche 911 Technical Forum" is the right place to ask your wring and plumbing questions. Use your camera extensively. You will get lots of help.

Best,
Grady
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 07-11-2004, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Hmmm, the 2.7 engine I'm rebuilding doesn't have this deflector arrangement (doesn't have anything at all). I take it I ought to source one of these deflectors?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Grady,

Yes, itís a stock rebuild. It has mauhe pistons and nikasil cylinders. The owner before me installed case savers and carrera chain tensioners. I put in new bearings, rings, valve guides, etc. so hopefully the engine will last a while.

Thanks for the tips, I painted the bottom of the heat exchanges and the muffler with ceramic high temp paint (I missed part thatís showing in the picture). I gave up today after the fan didnít turn freely (too much paint maybe). Iíve leaned the hard way to walk away when I get frustrated. Iím almost there! I donít want to make another trip back to the machine shop. . .

Charley.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: