Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Oil pump questions (x2)

I was looking over my oil pump before install and noticed that there was this sealant that goes around the base of the intake pipe where it meats the pump housing. This stuff was brittle as hell and crumbled right off. My question is do I need to replace this stuff, or is it not all that important? And if I do need to replace it, with what?
My other question is that when I look into my oil pump it looks like the two gears are actually two gear stacks. There is a bevel in the middle where the gears on the stacks meet and a subsequent line all the way to the shaft which looks like a parting that was intended. Is this correct? Does each shaft have more than one gear on it? I have the '74 pump.

Thanks for all of your help,
Mike
-74 BMW R90
Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just use a god epoxy in place of the sealant - JBWeld works well - same way you re-epoxy the studs on teh back of the chain boxes

Yes, there are gear stacks on each shaft on the oil pump.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 09-15-2004, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
-Mike
-74 BMW R90
Old 09-15-2004, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: