Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

996 in 911S-look ?

I am a classic 911 fan and want to upgrade/rebuild a pre-73 model into a car for daily use at a 993 level. So the basic idea is simple; the car should have the look an 911S but the "interior", especially engine/breaks etc of a newer Porsche. Who has experience with this. What do I need and where can I buy it ?
Regards, Hans
Old 10-17-2004, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Welcome, Hans.

pretty open ended question here. JackOlsen has done the closest to what you are describing, that I can think of. you can search for "Black Beauty" in the 911 technical forum.

If you have further questions, you might get a better response by posting in the 911 technical forum instead of here.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Andy,
Errr. You were referring to Jack's first 911 weren't you?

BBII or it III? has left it's original form and is now closer to RSR-like.

Hans,
Many have installed a late engine into an early 911. Here's one thread with an assortment of engine compartment pics:

Post Your Engine Pics

Sherwood
Old 10-17-2004, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sherwood, I was thinking of BBII, which although it has very wide fenders, achieves some of the benefits of a 993 (good a/c, comfortable interior, large tires and grip, improved suspension, etc) in an early chassis.

But now that I think about it, it sounds like Hans is really looking for the classic look on a new chassis, while I think that Jack has his reasons for preferring the original chassis over a 993 chassis, and does not have an original 911S look. So perhaps I don't have an answer for Hans.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: