Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to smestas Send a message via Yahoo to smestas
Deck Lid Ground Straps

I used to have a/c which has all been removed but I noticed that I still have ground straps on both hinges of my deck lid. Were these there because of the a/c? Can I remove these without causing any problems? I dont think it would be a big deal but I thought Id ask the collective before pulling them out.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Someone know the answer? I ride with Simon in this car a lot and the last thing I wanna do is get stranded because he took something out that he shouldn't have!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

there is a 76% chance the car will implode when Anthony is riding with you if you take these off.

Actually, if there isn't anything electrical in the deck lid (which there shouldn't be), you shouldn't need these. But I don't know why they would be there in the first place; perhaps drawing lots of air over the condenser could deposit a big (static) charge on the condenser ... ?
Old 10-20-2004, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Permits the hatch to be a better RF shield (keeping ignition noise and other RF noise inside).

Deck lid ground strap- why? and lid and strap&pagenumber=2
Old 10-20-2004, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thank you! This is one of those questions I mean to ask and forget when I'm sitting in front of the computer.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to smestas Send a message via Yahoo to smestas
Thanks for the link Jim!

I couldnt find my post all day long and just realized its in the wrong forum. Moderators if you are out there please move this to the regular technical forum.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: