Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How many plugs for air pump removal?

Getting ready to remove the smog pump on my '78 SC. Before I get started could someone tell me how many plugs I need to get for the head? Searched for the last 20 minutes but couldn't find any posts refering to the amount. Don't want to tare the car apart just to find out I'm short on plugs

Thanks
Eli

Just noticed I'm in the wrong forum..couldn't delete the post

Last edited by Eli K; 11-06-2004 at 05:15 PM..
Old 11-06-2004, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You'll need 6 plugs one for each injector. If you have an EGR and are removing it as well you would need an oil tank drain plug (thanks John Walker) to plug the hole in the air box. This is what I did on my 78 SC, but started life as a California car, I dont think all have EGRs.
good luck
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 11-07-2004, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: