Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

At one time I thought I would go to MM for my rebuild. After doing a bunch of research on the ying-yang of building an SC motor I swa the light... 3500 bucks wasn't going to cut it. Thats more like re-sealing the original guts but that ain't no rebuild. I did give them a call when I wasw trying to track down a ignition distributor for my 78. Spoke with Roy at great length..He didn't like my mechanic's approach of replacing parts. Apparently, anyone can rebuild a motor with new parts..ie: oil pump, cooler, P/C set, rockers, cams and etc. He was very interested in buying all my old parts! I think if you really look at what a real rebuild costs you won't get involved with guys like this...and Parts Werks ( also runs ad's in Pano ) Both of these guys are crooks
Own a gun and you can rob a bank , own a bank and you can rob the world.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Motor Molester

Bump

'76 911S Targa
'93 325is
Old 06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Tbird Tom

Garage
WoW...I am not sure what to say BUT I had my 2.7 done by these guys two a half years ago, a complete rebuild.

I am not kidding but I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars but I have not had any problems with the motor in my car, it runs like a bat outta hell and sounds sweet too.

I spent a tad over $7,560. with upgrades and I have not had a single problem with me motor. I am very surprized to read all the negative comments in this forum. I can only speak of my own experiance in this area and it was great. Maybe, it was isolated, I dont know but I know my vehicle is running strong, no smoke, no power loss and it does not leak, they also painted the engione to my spec's and it still looks good.

I have not had to go back to them and the engine has been running since Sept 2003 with no minor events...I mean it. All I can tell you is "I" I'm happy with the service I was provided.

I cant or wont speak for anything else, if they are as bad as everyone says...why they still kicking out parts, overhauls and completed engines?

This just seems strange, I have no doubt things get screwed up once and awhile, it is bound to happen and I hope they are isolated cases but reading this forum...I think I have to consider myself...Damn Lucky...dont know but I am happy about it.

Sorry for the folks that did not fair as well.....good luck to you all. I got my monies worth...thankfully

Old 06-27-2005, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Motor Molester

Tom:

I'd say damn lucky.

'76 911S Targa
'93 325is
Old 06-27-2005, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Tbird Tom

Garage
I am beginning to think so too....THanks

Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Buy lottery tickets!
Own a gun and you can rob a bank , own a bank and you can rob the world.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Tbird Tom

Garage
Maybe I should - thanks

Old 06-27-2005, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Take a quick look thru this thread over at the 914 club.

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=34241&

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart
Old 07-02-2005, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

I had a wonderful experience with them (not) , I had marked most of my parts, and did get my crankshaft back, but not my rods, oil pump , int shaft etc... When I opened the box containing my fuel injection which they were supposed to repair, I had 7 intake runners in the box. I think that is one of their big bore options, and I guess that someone only got 5, back.. When i was inspecting my rods, i noticed that only 2 of the rod caps were on rods with matching numbers, and that the other 4 were not from the same motor, no matching #'s. Roy explained that, that is how they do it. Maybe, but after building over a 100 motors or so in my life, and using at least 4-5 different machine shops, I have never seen anything like this. On a good note. after some careful inspection, and repair and replacement of parts, my one and ONLY motor meister engine has now clocked 2500 miles, and it does run very good and does not leak.. I have been and will now only use otto's or ollies, but would like to try Henry at supertech
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Motor Molester

fastfredracing:

I have been communicating with the editor of Panorama in an attempt to have Motor Meister's advertising removed from our magazine. I would like, with your permission, to forward your email to them. Your experience is proof, contrary to their advertising claim, that they do not mark and tag the original parts.

I received a call from another Motor Meister customer who, when Roy began his bait and switch tactic, decided to remove the engine from his shop. He said, the parts from his engine were spread all over the shop.

'76 911S Targa
'93 325is
Old 07-26-2005, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

mm

I'm sure glad that I saw this on MM. I was going to send them my
2.7 case for time-certs. Then I started to do my homework.
Now that I read what others have gone through, I think not.
But, I did buy some parts from MM. I paid for 3 day delv. and its been 5 days now and still no parts. I called MM today and got a tracking #. The parts are on the way (shipped 3 days late from MM). I will dispute on the shipping for sure. I will also inspect all the parts ordered as well.
With that said, Does anyone have feed back on Ollie's or EBS Co.?
Thanks, Luke
Old 08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

EBS is all good............Ollies as well
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

I can vouch for Ollies as well, a few of my customers have said good things about them. Competition Engineering (Walt Watson) http://www.competitioneng.com/contact.htm
Home of Nickies, IMS Retrofit, and IMS Solution
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by J P Stein
Take a quick look thru this thread over at the 914 club.

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=34241&

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart

HOLY S#!T

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 08-02-2005, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

to vance, surely, I would not mind you sending this e mail to panaroma, I would not like to see any body go through what I did. I just dont want to get involved in any legal battles. I chalked up my mistake to experience and I moved on. Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

I have only used Ollies once, and they were excellent, I was reccomended to them from one buddy's who has built more porsche motors than In the last two years than I probably will in my life, and he loves them. I do use EBS quite alot, and I also highly reccomend them. Fair prices excellent work and also very freindly knowledgeable and helpful
Good Luck !!!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Bought from EBS on several occasions and always received excellent service and honest advise from Don. I'd highly recommend them!

1974 911 Coupe 2.7 Guards Red/Black Trim, Tbitz EFI, MSD
1974 Super Beetle Sun Bug
1959 356A (sold)
1954 Hudson Hornet Project For Sale

18 Years In Storage 1974 911
My Car in the Pelican Gallery
Old 08-02-2005, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Smile MM=No....EBS=YES!!

Was also looking to use mm.Until I found this site/thread.Thank God for PP!

Don @ EBS has been nothing but honest,Very straight forward.Has helped me thru my rebuild.Not done yet,but no doubt Don & EBS will be there if needed!

Thanks Don/EBS/everyone sharing horror stories about MM or any other biz that does sh***y work.Porsche or not!

It's hard to find craftsmanship & quality in alot of areas today,which is a damn shame!What ever happened to people taking pride in what they do?HARD TO FIND!!

Chris

Chris
85 Carrera 3.2(Back on the road after rebuild)
02 Trans Am WS6
95 Eagle Talon
98 Bravada(sold)
07 G5
Old 08-07-2005, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Still Doin Time

Fast Fred, sent you a PM
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 08-07-2005, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

What about Einmalig?

Anyone have experience with an Einmalig rebuilt engine?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: