Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
MFORCE

Garage
Removing Air Conditioning Blower Motor and shrowd

1985 carrera, 3.2 litre.
I have removed the air compressor and I notice on the other side there is a large plastic shrowd that goes up to a blower motor. What is the best way to remove this? I can't seem to see where it is connected at bottom because it is between the manifold.

I see the motor is mounted on a braket at the top and the hose is connected to another part going through the bottom of the engien bay. I can't see where the plastic shrowd is connected at the bottom.

Any help?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I removed this plastic shroud/duct the other day, if I'm thinking of the same one. The non-blower end of it was connected to the engine by four bolts:-

2 bolts were behind the shroud, just in front of the inlet manifold for cylinder 1, and connect to the main horizontal engine shroud that sits immediately on top of the cylinders and heads.
1 bolt was on the right of the shroud, and held it to the fan housing imediately to the left of the fan.
And the final bolt was just beneath the shroud, on a lug which connects to the rear of the left side chain housing. This is the bolt which took a little bit of finding.

Its amazing how much better the engine looks with all this plastic removed - its a shame we can't junk it.

'84 911 3.2
Old 04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
MFORCE

Garage
Kewl, thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: