Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
user & abuser

Garage
HEY DD74

THIS is my first post on pelican, however i'm a long time flat-6 membet, and a huge porsche guy..

anyways i have a very modified 2.7L, it's been storked and bored to 3.1L (3065cc), is running a custom CIS setup, has been blueprinted and balanced, heads were ported and stamp polished, JE forged pistons, some fancy connecting rods, custom grind crank with a extend lift S cam, SSI headers and a flowmater 60 series exhuast (very very loud)..

this engine is a monster, it rips apart axles shafts, requires ultra high torque starters (SKY high compression ratio), and guzzles gas... its not 300hp....but its getting damn close

and this thing doesn;t leek oil....though it does have less than 6000km's on it, and it taken care of like no other... and was a expenive build up to begin with
Old 02-17-2006, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Porsches leaking oil should not be the norm!! I hate leaking motors.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

Quote:
Originally posted by Facey
HEY DD74

THIS is my first post on pelican, however i'm a long time flat-6 membet, and a huge porsche guy..

anyways i have a very modified 2.7L, it's been storked and bored to 3.1L (3065cc), is running a custom CIS setup, has been blueprinted and balanced, heads were ported and stamp polished, JE forged pistons, some fancy connecting rods, custom grind crank with a extend lift S cam, SSI headers and a flowmater 60 series exhuast (very very loud)..

this engine is a monster, it rips apart axles shafts, requires ultra high torque starters (SKY high compression ratio), and guzzles gas... its not 300hp....but its getting damn close

and this thing doesn;t leek oil....though it does have less than 6000km's on it, and it taken care of like no other... and was a expenive build up to begin with
I'm not familar with stroking 2.7 blocks out to 3.1. I thought 2.9 was the most you could get out of a 2.7.

Also, I have a friend who had a 2.9, and at one time when he went for a DE, they wouldn't allow his car on the track as they thought the 2.9 was a liability for destroying itself.

As it is, this friend did track the 2.9, which made close to 300 hp, but the reliability factor was suspect; supposedly the engine became very hot only after a very few laps.

I can't speak to a 3.1, except that there exists a 3.0 motor that Porsche at one point in a manufacturing run, stroke out to 3.1. But 3.1 stroked from a 2.7? Wow!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Location: San Francisco, USA, Stockholm, Sweden or Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Garage
Send a message via AIM to strosekmega
Yeah man thats sick! Post some pics, would be cool to see!

- Student life sucks...

Carbon Black 1977 911S 2.7 with Strosek Mega body
CD silver 2002 Ford Focus SVT
Old 02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Porschephd
Porsches leaking oil should not be the norm!! I hate leaking motors.
I don't "hate" leaking motors, but I don't particularly enjoy them, either. I look at it as "character."

With that said, I'm fairly confident that with a twenty to thirty year old motor, particularly one that's not rebuilt, oil leaks are going to happen.

I've never seen them to be a big deal.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
user & abuser

Garage
i believe the 3.1L (barely, almost half way between 3L-3.1L)
is obatined by boring to 2.9 or 2.8, and than stroking the rest...which is alos why the compression ratio is so high.

cheers

oh...i think i made a "new member post" which has links to my carodamin site, which has lots of pictures and the full sotry of my car...i'll check.. if not i'll make it asap
Old 02-17-2006, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Sounds good. I'd be interested to see this.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: