View Single Post
Less brakes, more gas!

Garage
Thumbs up

Took my friend for a ride, 'My god this car is so much more fun than my Cayman! And I'm the passenger!'

Just had a Tracknight with the Trofeo Rs. Rain 1st session, drying 2nd session (video), dry 3rd session. All sessions had standing water in the apexes. I am coming from RA1s. Front are 225/16 and rears are 245. I had very slight rubbing on the driver's rear where the RA1 had good clearance. It strikes me that the Trofeo is more bulged where the RA1 is more square. The word 'Outside' was 1/2 rubbed off. I see a lead pipe in my future...

1st session in the rain I had a lot of under steer. I dropped the fronts 1 lb each. Cold the next day was 27 frt 30-31 rear. 2nd/3rd sessions no under steer. Car felt very planted and confidence was inspired after a 2 year break from track time.

I did manage to lock them up twice and noticed that they came back under control easily after that with slight vibrations. I was able to do a lot of right foot steering with very predictable results. I never heard them squeal. They are very quiet. I had no problems in the wet/rain. RA1s were not fun in the wet much less than the rain!

Wear was very very even. PBIR eats the hell out of left fronts and mine was not showing the signs that the RA1s did. Actually the wear was awesome! No chunking or weirdness.

After 60 min of track time I am very happy with them. Never felt greasy. Never felt like they were 'going away'. Cost was ~$1k all in. I think that's great considering my other options in the 16" zone (RE11/Hosiers).

2nd session video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC9Au3fkfO4&feature=youtu.be

Gallery pics at speed:
PORSCHE\BLACK\911 - PhotosByJuha.com

My boss in his 2010 M3 with coil overs and r888s could not keep up... Yes I will buy these again!

Caveat.... This is off 1 hour of track time... YMMV!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)