View Single Post
Porsche Custom 87' 951 Turbo - FS

It's a Custom GT Racing Fiberglass Bumper that I made into a ... Super Forced Air - Inducted Air Design to the Rad. & for Brake cooling... the temp. on the oil never gets above 190 / 220 Deg.'s and the H20 never get off the 1st mark on the car's tem. gauge even on a 95 Deg. day ... as long a you are moving... at any speeds above 60 MPH, the eng. oil and H20 actually start dropping about 20-30 degs! The lower ducts came off a 97' RX-7 Rear lower fender 1/4 panel ducts that I cut out of a car in the junk yard for $10, but it was a work of love and a serious pain in the "A**) to mount and make it all look correct with the lower lip plastic bumper cover off a wrecked Honda that was in perfect condition. All I did then was cut to fit and heat up the upper portion to of the Honda lower lip, bend it up and cover the 3rd lower slot in the GT Front bumper then cut to fit & counter sink drill holes and 3/16 pop rivet it together and fiber glass bond-o everything else) that's wider than the 951 front end... hence the extended canards on the sides that blend in perfect with the 968 Wide Body Kit from GT Racing.. Why do u like it... along with the 951 (wanta' be 968 RS Hood)... Porsche only made (4) RS's of those cars with the scoops in the hood! It's up for sale... asking $9K - & open to RBO's! Sorry Mark... I didn't mean to Hi-Jack u'r post! ... Ron

Last edited by RRRacing1970; 07-12-2016 at 01:41 PM..
Old 07-12-2016, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)