View Single Post
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny H View Post
Much speculation and assumptions beign made here. Pelican ac threads are always such fun!

Yes, we use an electric compressor but it is not the 'Jegs' one. The condensor is under the front fender in place of the huge washer bottle (30lbs when full of water!). The COP for the compressor means we get twice the cooling output power for the input power.

40A is not a massive amount of current. You are using more than that everytime you drive with lights and defogger. It is vital to manage the power though.

The heart of our system is our own custom power management controller. This can be configured to match the power budget of the car. The controller regulates the compressor speed in order to maintain a healthy charging system and battery.

The early cars will need an uprated alternator so we will provide one with the kit.

We are engineers who like to share. I'm sorry about the audio and my accent but the real thing to observe here is the temperatures. There are no tricks. I drove the car 200 miles one day last week with the a/c on all the time. Battery and charging system AOK.

To you guys in Texas, we make no promises until we have done some proper hot weather testing!
I'll say it a gain, I am your perfect beta tester. I already pulled that monstrous washer bottle from my build and as previously posted, I am NOT putting in any rear-mounted, hose-crazy engine-driven AC systems in my build. See build thread below.

My WAY over budget /backdate/lightweight/hot rod..

I was planning on driving hot until someone solved it with an electrical system. PM me if you want to talk about it more.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 07-15-2016, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)