View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius911 View Post
Regardless of what you call Spec 911, the formula appears to be working. I was at a recent NASA event that included Spec 911. They had more than 20 cars! And there's no question that a large field of closely matched cars is what makes racing fun.

Seems they've done a good job of making the class open to a wide range of models/years. Perfect for that non-matching numbers beater early T or midyear. And resale prices are reasonable? Win-win.
It appears to me the spec 911 formula only works for the builders or the owners that are in denial. The cost to have a front row car is very expensive. Where are the doner cars comming from? A lot of rules designed by builders to push their products. Heavy damage from wrecks. very local turn out. 20 car turn out if you race in Norcal . Spec Boxter you will find 20 cars at more than one area across the country.

The blunt orange spec 911 for sale shows a very flat market for long hood race cars with no history. It has been for sale and has not been swept up. I see value in these cars restoring back to street car hot rods. All the plastic long hood race cars seem to be built in an arms race fashion with no respect to one design racing. hard to add any value to that formula.

Now if the long hood has been raced in its day and has history the market is going through the roof. http://www.porsport.com/1967_911_s_toad_hall_racer

Last edited by dsfnctn; 07-25-2016 at 08:29 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)