View Single Post
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Jr View Post
I'd followed Jonny's original development thread and a few weeks ago called him up to find out more.

At that time it hadn't been fully installed in his car or the production spec. finalised but but after talking to him I believed enough in his company to take the risk of offering it up as a solution on a high profile work project I'm busy with.

He worked night and day to hit a very tight deadline, as I took a leap into the unknown I could have been made to look a fool (never ever needed any help with that) in front of a bunch of hard nosed, skeptical engineers that never give anything a 2nd chance if it doesn't work straight out the box.

Glad to say it all went well, the demo left everyone very impressed. This system works and works very well. Considering how much reserve has been left on the table through compromises that can easily be overcome on the next development instal there is still a lot more to come, maybe even Texan levels of chilled interior.

Not only will it easily out perform the asthmatic, waft of warm air found with all mechanical air cooled Porsche systems it brings performance benefits too. Weight saved on the car and the weight moved forward. Also don't forget that old school, minimalist look instead of the lump of 60's AC technology that haunt the engine bay of a good comfort hot rod build.

I have no business interests in this just think it is a very cool (pun intended) comfort upgrade that many owners are crying out for and as fellow Porsche enthusiast that's seen it with his own eyes I'm more than happy to recommend it to other Porsche enthusiasts.
Dammit Ahab, you are getting some of us all excited about finding the white whale of 911 cooling. I just hope I don't have to sell the Pequod to afford it.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)