View Single Post
Formerly known as Syzygy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremelune View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG View Post
Ah poop :-(

Yeah, too bad. That tint works fantastic to help stop solar heating in the car. It's not perfect, but it does block some of the solar energy and it's barely visible.

To help combat heat while driving on the highway in a point A to point B kind of kind of thing rather than frolicking on the twisties, I've found another thing that helps immensely in my no operational A/C car. I took one of those big-ass RV sun blocker shades that you throw in the windshield when parked and cut it to fit the rear window glass. Then I took a couple suction cups from an old radar detector mount and attached them to one side. When I jam the one side in between the rear glass and speaker shelf and stick the suction cups to the top of the window, it blocks the sun beating down into the car through the huge horizontal rear window. Doing that makes even more of an impact than all of the glass (except the windshield) being tinted with the Llumar film. Because it completely blocks actually seeing out the window, I don't use it around the city or on sporting drives, but it works great on those long trips where visibility directly behind you isn't as much of a requirement. Plus, it looks kinda trashy...

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)