View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbunda View Post
I just went through trying to figure out which bearings to use for my rebuild. Forum wisdom seems to be that the Glyco mains are generally fine, but the Glyco rod bearings (neither are made in Europe any more) have been considered suspect, due to several instances of new bearings being found to be out of spec. The bearings sourced from Porsche - which are apparently also sourced from Glyco - may have been at least been subject to some quality control and measurement, and therefore might be better. Several threads on this topic if you search.
It's my understanding that there are 2 manufacturing facilities for glyco bearings, the ones from Porsche are made in Europe, the OEM ones are made, I think in South Africa if my memory serves me correctly, the ones from Porsche are much more costly than the oem ones but should be to spec, given the previously known issues with the eom ones I wouldn't go with them.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)