View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskewRSR View Post
Marco. Nakai. The designer is at his core a Race car driver. 20 years ago he build one like this for himself to go racing in Japan. He was testing downforce and grip. Wider wheel base and canards and wings.... Not for look. For a purpose. He tested and tested... And refined them... He started winning races. Only then was he asked to build one for a customer. He now has 2 track records in Japan. Motegi and Tsukaba. 4 times a year. He personally rents the tracks out and puts on his own races..... That he calls. "Idlers". 3 are sprint races and 1 is. 12 hour race. Last week was the 12 hour..... He had 120 cars there. Idlers stencil is an homage to his races.
Alright. Now THAT is an answer.

I still think tire stencils are kind of douchey, and even though I wouldn't put them on my own car at least now I understand that they have a significant meaning ... and that's cool by me.

I meant what I said about the car looking great. It's the first and only RWB-bodied car that got it perfect. And putting a bad-ass turbo motor in the engine compartment just makes it that much cooler.

GOOD JOB!
Old 08-03-2016, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)