View Single Post

ok so I think I've settled on my plan of attack for this. First, I plan on dynoing the car to get a base HP and torque number as is.

Then I'm going to put the Fcis in with just the sensors, no control, no eWUR. So I can log RPM, MAP, IAT, WBO2 and drive that around for a while. My plan during this phase is to pick up MAP from a T in the line from the TB to the stock WUR. This is non-ported MAP and s/b stable enough for this application.

For the IAT I plan on drilling and tapping the BOV housing between the I/C and the TB and putting the IAT sensor in the airflow there.

I'll also record as best I can the system and control pressures with my gauges but without some re-plumbing of the fuel system I won't be able to collect that with the FrankenCIS or while driving around.

Once I've got some basic information I can use as a starting point I will install the eWUR block and connect the Inj2 to the lambda valve and give the FrankenCIS full authority. I'll continue to get MAP from the same place. I'll tune this as best I can and then dyno again just to see if there are any improvements to be gained on a mostly stock engine with FrankenCIS.

Then I'll install the RarlyL8 headers, hooligan, K27, TK intercooler (with integral IAT port), re-tune, and dyno again.

I'm building a detailed step-by-step on this and will start posting in a separate thread soon.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #606 (permalink)