View Single Post
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Hi Andrew,

The pipe coming off is the EGR valve pipe. The two vacuum lines also belong to the EGR valve.

From my understanding, exhaust comes out engine into the thermal reactors, then into the heat exhchangers, then the muffler which then some of it goes into the EGR filter, which then goes up to the valve, and back into the intake via that metal/rubber line.

Of course the thermals are probably gone...do you have 3 into 1 Bursch headers that go over to the stock heat exchangers? or do you have backdated SSI style heat exchangers that have the heat boxes and headers all in one?

The other plug I'm not sure. Did you disconnect the heater blower motor or was it intact when you took the CIS off?

I'm skeptical of the EGR being the culprit for your issues. When you get it put back on and sealed up, if you still have the problem, I would check the WUR, and then the mixture as it may have been messed with making it too lean or rich.

The mixture is super sensitive from what I've read. I wouldn't mess with it unless it's a last resort.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 09-13-2016, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)