View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
remember the article is probably talking about a stock 930 with no improvements to help.

I remember the first 930 I drove. it was the fastest car I had ever driven at the time and I remember thinking how could anyone drive this car on a track. it would scare the crap out of me.

the other thing to remember is most or all of you, along with me, have been driving the 930 for a while now and the power is not that big a deal to us until we get in something either much slower or much faster. and you lucky ones that are in the 500+ range, you have gotten use to that so a 300ho 930 is slow. its a matter of what you are use to.

I let a guy at work drive my car that does drifting, autoXing and track days. it blew him away at how fast my car was.

I still say the 930 is a car that demands respect, in more ways than one.
The 930 is pretty quick 40mph to about 100mph... basically, second gear .

0-40, my Toyota highlander is faster. The only way the 930 would be faster would be if you were willing to mercilessly dump the clutch for 5000 rpm... I am too old and too frugal to do that. The sub 5 second 0-60 times of the magazines aren't reproducible (for long) in the real world...
Old 09-23-2016, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)