View Single Post
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
That intake system looks exotic Luccia, is it real RSR equipment?

I have a question regarding the back-date oil discharge line pictured on the engine. I bought one from pelican a couple years ago and found it collided with the right rear shock, which appears to be whats happening in your picture as well. I tried to re-orient the line before tightening up the fitting on the case but it made little to no difference in resolving the issue. I ended up using a torch to change the curvature of the line and moved the discharge end a couple inches rearwards, then I could also proceed to clamp it to the engine tin. Of course I ruined the cad plating where I heated it.

I suspected the line which I received came from a batch which might not have been bent perfectly but seeing this picture shows the same issue. Can someone look into this and give feedback?

I need to order another line in the next couple weeks.
We did have to push it a little bit up and a little bit towards the rear of the vehicle. When the vehicle is up in the air it touches, but when it's sitting on the ground it doesn't even come close to touching as there are a few inches of clearance.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)