View Single Post
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356911930 View Post
Hi Matt,

Sorry about the T. I'm usually more aware of the correct spelling of names as mine seems to get butcherd more often than not.

Quote { We are talking tenths of a second on track. You would never know the difference of a 1.00 versus 1.04 3rd on the street. }

1.04 3rd gear? Isn't stock 3rd 0.89? Or are you talking about a custom gear you make. When I talk about gears I'm usually talking in generalities as I do not know what exact ratios are available. So ratios close to the ones I listed above are fine.

Matt, so I assume you have built 930 transmissions with lower 2nd and 3rd gears, stock 1st and 4th.

Gear Ratio __________2.25, ______1.526, _____1.04,_______0.656

Overall what was the driving impression for daily and spirited driving. I wonder why these were not the original stock ratios?

Rahl
Hello Rahl,

The 1.04 was an arbitrary example. It just happened to be the next shorter 3rd gear past the 1.00 you are considering. I make both ratios, but the point of the post was that what you've been thinking about is "good enough" and making small changes won't even be noticeable. What will be noticeable is how much different any of these options is from what you have now.

Available ratios can be viewed on our website:
930 Gears | Guard Transmission
Not all ratios listed are kept in stock. Some are by order only. The popular ratios, which include the ones you are considering, are on the shelf.

Regards,

Matt
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)