View Single Post

Garage
Jaems,
A good read. You know your stuff. Like everything POLO's have morphed over time. From 2800 to 7200 with your foot in it, it's hammer time. Bob stroked it from 2000. When I reference cruising in the 2500 to 5000 range, that's just puttering along in city traffic.

Bob Fleming

Comment
Chris, could you post this to your site...* reSee Works​previously Pompolo Design - Home

I have a one word exclamation to describe your 4 cylinder car,

Z O W I E E E E E.

Passing me the key to your car on my recent visit to Denver and letting me go for a hooligan drive was outstanding. That engine pulls so strong it is just amazing. The run down the road with the signal intersection under the roadway presented a less than desirable condition with me making the on ramp light - but caught in a low rpm condition in second gear - with a blend lane filled with a truck I just had to put my foot into it.
The gearing and the power that 2.4 engine puts out, yup, zowiee is the best description. It pulled from just below 2000 rpm to well over 6000 in a blink of the eye, sat us back into those wonderful seats and propelled us to a exceedingly unlawful velocity. I really didn't want to back out of the throttle.
Rarely does one get the chance to experience that thrust.

I have to thank you for putting a highlight on what was a truly wonderful experience in Denver... old 911's...great folks, and your hot rod.

Smiled for the rest of the 2000 mile drive, thanks to you.
Bob Fleming
with that old 1964 911.

Bob has compiled a list on all known 1964 911's and just sold his #149 car in Monterrey a week or so ago. He is now restoring a 67S.
He was in Denver to inspect the #133 car at Vintage Car Works. The #133 car went to the Quail and might make it back to So Cal for a showing 9-14 or 15-2013.
Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
Handles like a 912 and goes like a 911
www.reSeeWorks.com

Last edited by cmpski; 10-17-2016 at 05:06 PM..
Old 10-17-2016, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)