View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Been pondering this more. What got me excited about Kevlar was reading a drag bug VW forum. Members stated how you could slip the ***** out of a Kevlar disc and it won't burn. One "respected" member stated you never need to surface a FW again as Kevlar is gentle on mating surfaces.

I hung my hat on that.

That's where I went really wrong. I believed Kevlar was invincible.

These guys said, even if you glaze one, you simply abuse it, and it'll clean up.

I guess that's dead wrong.

So, back to the dyno. The dyno I used twice was a mobile dyno. His trailer is very high. The 1st time, I had a lean spot right after letting out the clutch making the engine easy to stall. I told him, just slip the clutch backing up the ramps and trailer.

This occurred twice.

Now I'm on the fence if my car spun both times on the dyno, or the clutch slipped. There was plenty of evidence he was poorly strapping down the car, and he's since fixed after emailing him.

Anywhooo....

I'll pull it down sometime after this dang Texas heat calms down...

Cool front coming lowering to the mid-80's. Woohoo....
Best time of year to drive around here....

I sure miss my car in this weather.

If my car is ready in time I will bring my 930 down to COTA Dec. 18th. Otherwise I will bring the vette.

- Chris.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)