View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Nathan,
I certainly can not attest to the authenticity of the car without a hands-on-inspection of the slant, but there are some areas that visually raise some concerns.

1.) there are no jacking points on the side skirts. Porsche deliberately put jacking points on the slants that had extensions welded to the unibody which allowed the car to be jacked with the Porsche jack. Plastic plugs were in the side skirts. Also, side skirts were made of stamped aluminum.

2.) If I recall correctly, the 1982 Sonderwunsch 930's were not offered with vented front fenders. I think they were flat ventless types.

3.) I don't think the front fog lamps were ever offered as flush mounted. They were of the recess variety.

4.) The front valence looks right, but judging from the photo, there is no front mounted oil cooler. Don't know if the front valence was ever offered without the front mounted oil cooler.

Only until recently has Porsche been able to authenticate the Sonderwunsch Werks cars. Porsche Classic division has been able to authenticate through PCNA's Certificate of Authenticity group.

Without you doing an on-site inspection, you would be taking a risk with any online transaction.

Good luck in your search.
Greatly appreciate your reply. Its interesting that you mention the ventless front fenders as I just came across a yellow early slantnose here about midway through this thread on page 19 that had the headlamps in the bumper and that car was actually manufactured after this chiffon one so my suspicions are on ultra high alert right now. He claims that the COA references the slant nose which i'm suspicious of. He claims that it does have a front mount oil cooler

Last edited by nathanbs; 10-24-2016 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: wasnt finished typing
Old 10-24-2016, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1117 (permalink)