View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyagi View Post
I believe I'm running the standard front spacer and a pair of massive 28mm spacers per side with super long studs. The wheels that came with my car are Ruf Speedline made for a narrow bodied 964.

Obviously the old owner played around with spacers and studs to make these wheels work, and they do but they're just not my style.

I ordered the exact wheels that robbyG have on his blue 930 build, assuming they'd work on my car but obviously they don't. The fronts are not allowing me to turn lock to lock without rubbing and the rears, even when I downsized to 255 40 17's are still rubbing on big dips on the road.

I'm frustrated and have already listed my new wheels for sale:
Euromeister 17" replicas for sale with tires

I'm thinking I will need custom smaller front and rear spacers with 10mm less width to make these wheels work (and shorter wheel studs)
, but before I do that if they can sell I'll just call it a day and try something else...
I think what I would do is get rid of those spacers and install stock length studs so you're back to stock. Work from stock and go from there.

Otherwise you're looking at a lot of custom wheels and stuff that won't really work right.

With the rear spacer removed you can run a pretty wide wheel with a low offset and deep lip.

FYI - I saw you post in a FS thread about those CCW classics. The rears would work but the fronts are too aggressive and will rub on the front fenders.

shoot me a pm and I will give you my emai; I'm happy to assist offline.

- Chris.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)