View Single Post
87 Carerra, 3.2 liter en

Garage
Help Locate Return Hose on Fuel System

Okay I am trying to work thru a low fuel pressure issue at the fuel rails after replacing the fuel pump on a 1987 911 carerra. I am not getting adequate pressure at the fuel rails even though my fuel pump is working (new). Bentley provides a good test to determine if the fuel pressure regulator is bad. It provides:

"Relieve fuel pressure and connect pressure gauge to fuel rail (arrow) as described earlier.

The fuel pump is capable of developing a higher pressure than that regulated by the pressure regulator.

— Operate fuel pump without running engine using a fuel pump relay jumper, as described later under Operating fuel pump for tests.

• Check that fuel pressure corresponds to specifications listed in Table b.

• If system pressure is low, repeat test while gradually pinching off return hose. Pressure should rise rapidly. If not, fuel pump is most likely faulty. If pressure does rise, fuel pressure regulator is faulty. See 240 Fuel Injection for replacement information.

Can someone tell me where the Return hose on the fuel line is located that is referenced above, as I want to do this test. A picture would really help me out.

Sorry for the stupid question

Last edited by Srwilliams; 10-25-2016 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)