View Single Post

Garage
A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy an x-brace for the trunk. First I checked the ER. Not bad, but not fitting out of box (I already have mounting brackets welded-in). Further I like it a bit more beafier there. So I asked Heigo, who made my cage too. They are one of the most expirienced regarding cage etc. here in Europe and an old Porsche near brand, still all made in Germany. I was really suprised, that an individual piece made according my measurements was only a couple of Euro more than the ER x-brace. Of course I had to wait for, but here it is, very nice piece

I have do drill the brackets to bolt down, made only M8 holes to have all options then.

As my hunger for weight loss never stops, I bought some lighter battery terminals too. Almost half the weight of the massive copper ones before. Also I like the look and the fact, that the cable can be crimped. This leads me to the problem I did not expect before: No one of the vehicle electricans seems to have this F-type crimping tool... Maybe I will be lucky once, otherwise I have to make my own crimping matrix.

However Hollow drilled and machined head of the bolts too:

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-01-2016, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #577 (permalink)