View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
As I said nothing on the car is a modified factory part. It was all engineered by Porsche for this particular build. What they did to achieve these numbers would require access to the build sheets. (although the stereo took several Alpine employees over a year to design and install) The head to the CIS is not a modified 930 unit but a specific part for this car with its own part number, drawings and tooling. Custom cams, pistons, cylinders, injectors, etc etc.

There is a lot of story behind this and everything Bob said made sense. I would wager Porsche wouldn't put something in writing unless it was conservative. It is all documented and the list is endless. The options on this car makes the perglandz 928GTS seem mild. In the case of the perglanz GTS it is a stock car with a lot of fancy cosmetic modifications/upgrades. These cars are custom made one off cars which are based on the 930 and 964 but have a lot of mechanical improvements that were never incorporated into the production vehicles.
I concur...the Black 930 Slant is something that has to be seen in person. It has all sorts of special features with no small detail overlooked. While for some it may be over the top, it speaks volumes of what was possible back before the bean counters took over and Porsche had the balls to build special one-offs at a customers request.

Last edited by speednme1; 11-04-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Old 11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)