View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk930 View Post
Talked to Mr. Eisenmann today,
they had a 3.2 in there and still work on details...

...They changed design slightly to allow the tubes to be bended in one piece....

Falk
One piece tubes is a nice improvement to addresses any concerns about tubes having welds internal to the heat exchangers...(not that it would have been a deal breaker but better safety and reliablility is always appreciated for any component).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger 911 View Post
Yikes, considering that these might give you 5-10 hp (depending on mods). I guess I'm too cheap. They look nice though.

Roger
I currently have SSI's which are perfect for my use in almost everyway for my 3.0L SC. But..I'm collecting parts for a 3.5L build which includes Carrera heads. I would be very interested in a thick flange 3.2 version of these 1 5/8" heat exchangers with the assumption the final configuration is compatible with backdated heat routing same as the SSI version I currently have.

Although...if it turns out the 3.5L really needs a 1 3/4" version to reach it's full potential I would strongly consider the Rarley8/M&K headers w/heat as a quality option...

As far as cost, when modifying your P-Car for performance if all related components are not matched accordingly within your build you should also consider the value of lost potential of other upgrades due to mismatched parts.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)