View Single Post

These are great track rotors, especially if you run 15" rims. I've run them for years. Automechanika used to operate near Stuttgart West. What was George's last name?

He went through some trial and error. The first models did not have different piston sizes, so taper wear was a big issue, same as it was on the Wilwoods of that era. And he had troubles with the tubing connecting the two sides breaking or leaking, but by the time mine were made all that was resolved.

A couple of years ago I was having problems with mine. I buffed the pistons, and they look just fine.

I have a bunch of the seals, but saw no need to replace the original ones.

What was causing my problems was wear where the pad rests on the caliper as it moves in and out - at the bottom, which is where braking pushes the pad into the caliper. The aluminum was getting gouged. A machinist made some inserts, which pretty much solved that. I only had it done in the front, but probably should do something like this for the rears at some point.

I think Wilwoods nowadays come with a steel insert here - and maybe sell one for that purpose which could be adapted to the Bremtek.

It is very convenient that the pad matches a current Wilwood pad in terms of availability.

Those pictures of the cast Bremteks were the early models, as mine has the name inscribed on the machined pieces.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)