View Single Post
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Get yourself a couple cans of LPS Cold Galvanize. Works fantastic on exhaust stuff. I've painted exhaust pipes and mufflers with it and it holds up fantastic.

http://www.lpslabs.com/product-details/613

Try your local Ace Hardware or of course find it cheaper somewhere online like Amazon. Last time I ordered it online I got it from Grainger. But I think they were selling it clearance because I don't see it listed on their site any longer.

Here's some pics of header extensions I painted with LPS. Held up to the high heat of running hard on the track. Much better than the BS "ceramic" paint that was applied to the headers by OBX

Just know that the paint needs to heat cure, similar to VHT paint. Point being is that the LPS seems like it hasn't adhered well after it's dried for a few days. Pretty easy to scrape it off with a fingernail not long after it's dried. But get some heat on it and it hardens to become very durable. I painted a factory banana muffler from an '87 with LPS almost 15 years ago. It was the original muffler and had moderate surface rust on it. I wire wheeled it and cleaned it up as best as I could by hand. Still looks great.
Past: '87 Carrera "The Unicorn"
Old 11-28-2016, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)