View Single Post

Made good progress last night on the motor side of things. Once I put the ignition leads for cylinders 5 and 6 where they were supposed to go it was pretty easy to put back the old WUR and get the idle speed and mixture set.

Movie

I disconnected the Microsquirt from ships power and ground and powered with a dedicated battery. Man, it was hosed! I ended up reflashing. Many settings were at very strange and out of limits values. Spend quite a while fiddling and resetting until things were reasonable.

Now at this point I seem to be getting reasonable numbers on my CLT and MAT. I'm not getting anything on control pressure, however I currently have that wired to VREF and a noticed last night it is a 12v device. So, need to change the harness to power it correctly.

MAP and AFR don't seem to be correct either, not sure why yet.

The big issues is tach. I currently have OPTO+ connected to the TD output of the CDI box and OPTO- grounded nearby. When I do this not only do I not get RPM indication on the Microsquirt, it also makes the dashboard tach inop. Disconnecting OPTO+ from TD makes the in-dash tach work again.

Is this possibly something to do with where OPTO- is grounded? Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #670 (permalink)