View Single Post
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Yep, the entire dash lighting circuit is dumbly unfused - the first page of this thread has a lot of info on that, and the first post includes a link to a very old thread on the subject.

I've never found a comprehensive list of all the Porsche 911 electrical wiring eff-ups, but here are some of them (I'll add to this list when I remember other problem areas):

1) dash lighting is unfused (see this thread on how to fix)

2) Fuel pumps' relays are stupidly powered from single source - the fix is here 930 Fuel Pump Fuse Overload - The Solution

3) Headlights (high and low beams) do not use relays and the entire current draw is passed through the semi-delicate headlight switch (can you say "dumba"?) - the fix is here - Pelican Parts - European Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche • BMW • Mercedes • Volkswagen • Audi • Saab • Volvo • MINI

4) The nose a/c condenser blower motor is unfused (can you say "dumba") - simple solution is talked about on the first page of this thread.

5) Footwell blower motors unfused until sometime in the later 1980's (maybe 1986? - when Porsche added inline fuses near the harness plugs on each motor)

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 12-08-2016 at 05:53 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)