View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
OK for some silly compatibility reason in the MicroSquirt v3 they have designed it with the inputs to the circuit reversed so:
according to the manual Vr- connected to TD and VR+ left floating is the recommended setup
Which is the way I have it currently

Quote:
although the other way round will still work
Nope

Quote:
What may be happening though is the tacho is either drawing most of the power on TD or introducing noise on the line

It may be worth driving the tach from the MicroSquirt tacho output rather than sharing the TD feed from the CDI between both the tach and the MicroSquirt
hmmm....interesting idea, easy to check. I'm off to cali for a week, we will see when I return

I'm also thinking that my ancient usb to serial adapter might be part of it. the idle is stable and it responds to throttle blips, the engine doesn't seem to be caring about the MAT/CP/RPM variations, so possibly the MS is seeing the data correctly and its just an indication issue with the USB adapter. Or maybe I'm grasping at straws, nevertheless I've ordered a new one.

I do notice that both the FV and eWUR injector duty cycles are high and often hit max at idle while the CP remains fairly constant. IDK if this is a function of no AFR and idle or what.

Lots and lots of work to do anyway.....the easy part was the headers/turbo/intercooler/exhaust that only took 4 days. All the other crap, fixing bad wiring, running new wiring, and figuring out all this stuff is taking a long time. But, I can't run my tires below 40 anyway. 27 in Atlanta this am. brrrrrrr

Last edited by flightlead404; 12-11-2016 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #678 (permalink)