View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Hey Flight, here is what I used a couple of months ago - this size and type coaxial wire was recommended by Bob Ashlock (a Pelican that re-builds Bosch CDI boxes) - I got tired of looking for bare wire (without ends/fittings on it), so just ordered this and cut the ends off.

The listing says the outer covering is brown, but what I got was black (I didn't care what color it was). I liked how it is described as "high heat", though. The wire is somewhat "smaller" than the original green wire, and unlike the original wire, the copper outer wire sheath and inner primary wires are silver coated (the strands are each silver coated) - I think it notes this in the listing. Also, this wire is a fair bit more stiff or rigid (not like THAT) than the original green wire, but this actually turned out to be a good thing for me as it made it easier to guide it through the original harness sheath . . . still plenty bendable and easy to route, but just not as flexable as the original.

Regardless, it worked perfectly for me, and is very inexpensive. Also, you can get longer amounts of it if you want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O071ZM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used that, in combination with the shortie OEM replacement wire and Dennis' plug kit . . . I did that because I was not aware of how much of the green wire was brittle and cracked (much more than the 5-6" of the shortie wire) until after I had bought that and Dennis' kit, but in the end, it worked out well and was much less $$$ than the 928 wire (which I couldn't bring myself to buy anyway, on cost principle alone - the short piece is bad enough - talk about a total Porsche ripoff - whada' joke!).
Thanks RK!

I'm going to look for some 75 Ohm cable similar to this.

See this article
Old 12-12-2016, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)