View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
Hi All
MS3 Pro will be here any day. Trying to decide which coil packs to go with.
Audi R8 Coils
Or
Honda V6 coils
Anyone have any experience with either?
I understand that the Audi coils are a 4 wire coil. Power, Ground, Signal, and Ground to ECU. Where as Honda is only 3 wire Power, Ground, and Signal.
Would the Audi coils be better from a noise standpoint? Any fitment issues on the lower valve cover?
Thanks
John
Why reinvent the wheel?
We tried over 20 different COP units -- German, US, Japanese -- to find ones that work exceptionally well on the 911 engines.
* checking for fitment on the engine:
* whether it would clear the frame rails with the engine in the car so you could actually service it (we once got a customer's car in that another shop had done -- impossible to R&I the coils with the engine in! Idiots.)
* whether they had the firepower to support serious cylinder pressure -- so far, we've done over 125hp/cylinder without a problem. A drag car on the dyno did 44psi, no spark issues.
We settled on a Toyota/Lexus-application COP that is easily supporting 125+hp/cylinder. We were blown away when we saw a 4-cylinder Time Attack car on the dyno run 45psi boost with these COPs and have no ignition issues.
They fit quite securely, or you can restrain with the old RSR-style hold-down tabs if desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
Chris from Tubrokraft can you modify the Oil Pump housing to accept a hall sensor for me?
If so how much?
Thanks
John
Yes, have done that before.
Which sensor do you have -- or do you need one, too?
Last job we did with machining + sensor + connector was $245.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 12-16-2016, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)