View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw28210 View Post
Oh boy!!! What will be different about this build? Subscribe ided .
Hmmm, the color?

The basic car will be a wide body sunroof delete hot rod, thru hood fill, 15" wheels, with a bright color paint job. Maybe some bespoke pieces here and there. Sticking with a touring style car that is comfortable and compliant but definitely not soft.

Seriously after doing the last one there were a lot of people that had said they needed AC and or heat so incorporating that into the build and keeping it uncluttered will be something different and a priority.

The body will be similar, I am really kicking myself for not pulling my own molds off the bumpers of the last one, we spent so much time getting them perfect. This time that will not happen, also I will have my metal guy make several sunroof panels and short hoods into long hoods. After speaking with him last nite he said I can get my price down if he knocks out several at the same time.

This one will come down to bare metal as it had been repainted and there are some areas that filler is cracking so will need to check the car over.

Not sure yet on suspension, been thinking about coil overs but it is not a track car so I'm not sure the extra expense will be a well spent option, but it is bouncing around in my head.

Not sure what to do with the motor but EFI is high on the list, a friend has a complete fresh 3.4 twin plug race motor ready to plug and play, some talk about 3.6 and 3.8 has been going on, need more thought on that I do.

I guess just stay tuned and we'll see what happens!

www.davekealoha.com
Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)