View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentx View Post
Hey guys been a while! The good news is that FINALLY my engine is back in the car and my AC parts from Griffiths are on the way!

BAD NEWS IS that now that the engine has been rebuilt and in it won't start!

The engine turns over but I am only getting power to 1/2 of the fuse box and not getting any spark (coil). My "shop manual" does not have a wire diagram in it. Anyone know where I can find any electrical diagrams for a 1982 930 Turbo EURO car?

The car has a Permatune Electronic ignition box in it that "seems" to test out ok by the steps they have online, but the big problem remains we are not getting power to the coil
Just read this thread and have to admit it started like a Stephen King novel... I do hope it works out for you. These things, and the parts and service ecosystem surrounding them, can quickly drain any wallet and the fun out of ownership. Thanks for your service- and those prior mechanics should have to swim naked through a fiberglass pool. Fingers crossed that nothing is further amiss with the mechanicals at this point.

Take a look at this thread for some CDI and coil diagnostics. There are others in the sticky thread of "Help- Car Won't Start" at the top of the 930 sub-forum and of course the search button.
Help !!! No spark to coil on 930

Last edited by gsxrken; 12-25-2016 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-25-2016, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)