View Single Post
flightlead404 flightlead404 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 610
Big Progress

I seem to have RPM licked, but not how I anticipated. I put two 1N4007's in series and it dropped the voltage range by about 1.3 volts which dropped the base voltage below the turn on voltage for the optoisolator in the MS. It still didn't work. Fooled around with grounds and so on, no difference but, in all my playing and testing, I decided to go back and test all possible combinations again and VR1+ to TD and VR1- floating is now working reliably. IDK what happened before, it may have been while I was powering from the WUR connector which scrambled the MS and needed multiple reflashes.

Anyway, the recipe for RPM is VR1+ to TD, VR1- floating. This allows the factory tach to be driven from TD also.

I also appear to have a functioning AFR after some very grudging support from Alan at Spartan who sent me a used device that was DOA and wouldn't accept a return of a used device, and lied to me about when a replacement would ship. Not the best service, but it appears to be outputting correct voltages.

But, the AFR gauge on the TS dashboard is just showing ~128. Attempting to select "14point7" in the TS calibration seems to hang when writing to controller, all other calibrations write correctly. More playing needed there. Tuner Studio really is a crap program though, constantly hanging, resetting my computer, crashing etc.

Last edited by flightlead404; 12-29-2016 at 07:41 PM..
Old 12-29-2016, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #699 (permalink)