View Single Post
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Ditto.

He already has bahl shrankin' AC, time for some EFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Isn't TexAzz one of those great non emissions monitoring states? Why isn't that Fridigaire model 930 running EFI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At some point, bubs, at soooommmmmeeeeee point (different than the "point" that you two choads are most familiar with! ).

Flight, the ignition delay shutoff action is not controlled by the yellow relay - it is controlled by the delay relay that is a small, silver metal box (replacements are black plastic) that is on the engine compartment relay panel next to the large box that is part of the rear window defrost circuit.

As far as ignition shutting off momentarily between crank and run, and that having anything to do with the yellow relay, very interesting, as this is the first I've heard of that. I do know that if the yellow relay is working properly, it is part of the overboost circuit, it is part of the circuit that keeps the fuel pumps from running if air is not passing over the air metering arm/disc, and it allows the fuel pumps to energize very briefly (less than one second) when the key is turned to the run position (prior to actual starter movement).

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 01-04-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)