View Single Post

The K27 HFS was put together by UMW which is short for Ultimate Motorwerks.
It is a K27 7200 with a bigger Holset compressor wheel and aftermarket compressor housing with a 3" OD inlet to fit over the Holset wheel and bolt to the K27 backplate. I think the exhaust turbine hot side is a regular K27 7200 but I'm not sure.
I don't think there's any difference between a K27 HF or K27 HFS. Probably just some UMW style marketing.

...and now for some more _____ you didn't ask about.

Garret turbos cost less, come on boost sooner, and blow all the K27's away.

The original journal bearing Garret Blowzilla turbo made by TurbosDirect.Com Web Site - Home is a Garret TO4Z and it is the best performing and most durable turbo that can be bought new for around $800 that I've experienced.
xbmwguy used to have one and his car was so fast with that thing. I never drove his car with that turbo but went for a ride in it and I was impressed.

2 or 3 years ago I sold my K27 7006 and K27 HFS and decided to try and find one and learned that Turbos Direct in Arizona built Blowzilla so I called them and learned that for about another $400 I could get an "upgraded Blowzilla" with a ball bearing center housing and a billet compressor wheel. It is still built on a Garret TO4Z and now they call it a GSX61.
So I bought one and I like it.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)