View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for the great input. I'll measure the tires and confirm.

NEXT CRISIS... actually a two-fold crisis....

The engine is back in the car and starts, but the pump on the engine that is supposed to deliver oil to the turbo (see photo) is not sending oil to the Turbo. I spoke with our sponsors at Pelican Parts and their rep said that there is no "rebuild kit" for these and that they rarely fail. In summary for new folks reading this, due to an ugly situation with a local repair shop my engine came back to me literally as "a box of parts" and it has taken over 2 years to actually get it back together. Although it starts now and runs, We do not want to do much more than that until everything is functioning and I'm really worried about this since I put in a whole new turbo, etc.

As far as connections to the pump, it is connected to the oil and it looks like the oil gravity feeds into the pump.

Does it need to be primed?

Anyone know a place I can send it to have it looked at and serviced/rebuilt if needed?

Crisis 2.... Since the idiot who had the car let it sit outside for so long the rubber in the fuel line rotted out and it now leaks where the fuel line connects to the metal fuel line in the car (see photo).

I just ordered two new fuel lines from Pelican parts (OUCH!) and was told they think they run the whole length of the car under the well (which, of course, is sealed.

The interior is completely out of the car to be redone, but are there any tricks of the trade to replace the lines WITHOUT having to pull the engine (which, of course) was just put back in?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)