View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
KEP stg II holds 2nd gear launches in my G50. Note, my 2nd gear is about 2 points (gear ratio wise) lower than 1st on a 930.
I no Tippy you have had good luck with the Kep with the g50, I have a short bell housing 930 tranny and my motor is 500hp EFI. I had a centerforce cluth in there originally and loved it , smooth clutch and held the power.When I went to EFI, the clutch starting slipping. So I went with the suggestion of pelican members I went with Kep stage 2. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! clutch is way to hard, started off soft and got harder as time went on. Shifts good in warm weather but when it gets under 50deg I cant get the car in gear. I have to warm the car up before I drive it...
I upgraded my pedals to 930 pedals , new clutch cable, cut thru wood floor board for more throw. nothing helped. I no the G50 is a hydraulic system so it might work better but for the shortbell housing 930 I have had no luck.
83 sc cab turbo widebody. 3.5 liter supertec motor, B&B headers, EFI electromotive TecGT, TurboKraft GT35R billet turbo, 964 cams, WM inj, Bell full bay intercooler, Short bell housing turbo 4 speed tranny, roll bar, hargett shifter,
Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)