View Single Post

Garage
Quattro,

I have a KEP stage I installed after my Centerforce clutch failed when the disk pucks debonded. Like Mark, I had to adjust the clutch cable to where there was nil clearance with the adjustment bolt instead of .1mm. I also had to change the adjustment bolt to a longer one to reach the small lever arm. It was like the disk lining was too thick and I had a stock 930 organic disk. Then the other problem was I could not get into reverse when the transmission oil was hot. Again it was like the disk was too thick. I did shim down the rubber pedal stop on the wooden floor board to get a little more travel which helped. Also adjusted the cable at the pedal connection. Now that I have some miles on it, I can get into reverse when the transmission is hot. The clutch has no problem holding my power and I am running Nitto NT05 315/35x17 on 11 inch rims and a Quaife differential, which makes spinning both tires difficult but it happens.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)