View Single Post
Work in Progress

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Rich, as I'm sure you know I had XDI2 ignition on my car. I was very happy with my engine and never had an issue with CIS, so I didn't really feel pulled towards EFI. That said, CC's option 2 of using a standalone ECU to control spark only at first gives you the option to easily add fuel injection later. A full blown engine management box probably is available for the same cost as the XDI. I guess the main issue is that once you have a box that's capable, it's that much more difficult to resist the further upgrade to EFI.
Jacob, Great to hear from you and see that you check in on our nonsense from time to time! Yeah I do have to admit #2 is pretty exciting. You and now Rey are our only hope of knowing that there is a recovery on the other side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm930 View Post
Rich, Just do it. #2 is a great option. You deserve it. Cheers.
Thanks man. Hope you're doing well. Haven't seen you around here much either.

I contacted Chris about #1, and I'll see if that pans out. Otherwise I might just unload some Porsche parts I have laying around to make #2 happen. #2 will likely lead to #3 at some point, but it gives me time to get a handle on all of it.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)