View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 930 View Post
Hi Tippy! First of all there seems to be a lot of oil in the cylinders causing detonation. Nothing on earth will hold that. Secondly,what is your base gasket set up for deck height? Too many thick copper gaskets will crush too much. Everybody says the case halves dont have issues with head stud threads in the case. That may have been true 20 years ago but these can and will wear and pull. I have experienced it first hand. Time cert the case and you are good to go with arp studs. No head gasket required either.
Hello Andy, I only have a single base gasket; I believe they're .25mm's? I'll have to measure. So, they're pretty thin.

I'm still a little baffled about everyone mentioning the oil in the cylinders. What is causing this and how is it getting there? Is it excess crankcase pressure from lack of an AOS? Leaking valve guides? Pressure getting past oil rings? Haven't quite understood mode of entry yet, I'd admit.

Time-Sert an AL case? Oh man, this is a 1st for me to hear. Never heard of anyone pulling case threads except on Mg cases?

Can you elaborate your experience, please sir?
Old 01-21-2017, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)