View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
I contacted Eisenmann and have been really pleased with their correspondence, both from the North American distributor and the home office in Germany.

The pricing is a little better than what we've seen in this thread - there are other factors however as I am in Canada and would have them shipped direct from Germany, so others results may vary.

I myself am beginning to doubt the benefit of them however for my application.... It is long overdue that I start a thread about my engine build, but the short version is it's a 3.2SS with MFI. Hoping for 260-270hp but wouldn't mind more , using Mod S cams (open for debate) 2.7RS space cam/MFI pump, 38mm intake ports, 40mm throttles, plastic stacks bored, and 9.5:1. Nothing groundbreaking.

Due to the MFI my initial plan was to get SSI's made for MFI (with the additional heat exchanger for the thermostat) and use a 2 in, 1 out, dansk sport stainless muffler with the 70mm tip (also set in stone as I don't want to cut my factory made 2.7RS rear bumpers for a second pipe).

The other option is the Eisenmann 42mm HE's and their muffler to match. The 42mm primaries seem well matched to the 3.2 but wonder if the rest of the system is up to the task? The collector/secondary tubes are 50mm regardless of primary size. I'd also have to come up with a manual enrichment system for warm up but that's not insurmountable and may actually simplify things in the long run.

So if I boil it down - is the single outlet muffler going to choke the engine so much that the few extra mm of primary wont be worth the trouble?
MFI is very sensitive to exhaust changes, It's just not very fllexible. You may have to have the pump custom modified to suit whatever you end up w/
Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)